Cumming, GA Custody and Legitimation Attorneys
In most marriages, the paternity of a child never comes into question. Both the mother and the father agree that the child was conceived with one another in wedlock. This is not always true in situations where the parents weren’t married but have a child in common, or even in some cases where there does exist a marriage, but marital fidelity comes into question.
Although legal representation by a professional, reliable attorney is always recommended, establishing parental rights is usually not difficult if all parties are forthcoming. However, there are many situations and motives - both emotional and financial - where a party is making false claims or denying legitimate ones. In these cases, the parental rights have to be pursued through the courts:
At Miles Patterson Hansford Tallant, LLC, we have an outstanding reputation as a hard-working, cost-efficient, and powerful team of attorneys who make clients our top priority. We are well-versed in the Georgia civil litigation process, having litigated many kinds of cases:
- The mother of the child may intentionally or mistakenly claim that the wrong person is the father.
- The mother may claim that her ex-husband is not the biological father to prevent him from having visitation or partial custody of the child.
- The biological father from outside of the marriage may claim parental rights over the child that was conceived as the result of an extramarital affair.
- The biological father of the child may deny paternity to avoid his financial responsibilities.
- The legal father (one who was married to the mother at the time of birth) raised a child that was not biologically his, may want to maintain his relationship with his son or daughter after a divorce. Georgia courts have recently ruled that legitimation is possible in these cases.
Whether you are the mother of a child trying to deny or establish paternity; the legal or biological father of a child trying to protect your parental rights; or someone who is being told that they are the biological parent of a child, you are going to need a lawyer who is experienced in the legal area of legitimation. The attorneys at the Marietta, GA law firm of Miles Patterson Hansford Tallant, LLC have helped many fathers establish their parental legitimacy via the courts.
Contact Our Law Office
If you are being denied custody to your biological or legal child, or you have been informed that you are the biological father of a child,
call our Georgia family law and legitimation attorneys today. We will evaluate your case and take you through the process step by step.
Please contact our office in Cumming, Georgia at (770) 781-4100
or access our simple contact form here.